Activities of the Paediatric Clinic:
- The principal activity of the Paediatric Clinic is hospital treatment (admission, diagnostics and management) of patients aged 0 – 18 years in secondary and tertiary health care.
- Providing the outpatient secondary and tertiary healthcare services in subspecialist outpatient departments and units.
- Delivering an expert opinion for the treatment abroad via the Medical Review Board.
- Conducting the practical classes for the students of the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Dentistry and the Faculty of Philosophy as well as for the students of the Medical Secondary School, conducting the educational trainings for trainees that completed graduate studies at the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Philosophy and those that finished the School of Applied Health Sciences and the Medical Secondary School.
The Paediatric Clinic disposes of 124 beds and 26 incubators.
Organizationally, the Clinic is comprised of 9 departments:
- Department of Intensive Care and Therapy – phone: 051 34 24 05
- Management of vitally endangered patients aged 0 – 18 years and providing of highly differentiated healthcare services along with application of state-of-the-art technology in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in tertiary health care.
- Department is fitted with highly sophisticated medical equipment: incubators, respirators, defibrillators, monitoring systems, mobile X- ray and ultrasound devices, perfusors, aspirators and other accompanying equipment.
- Patients are managed by the team of trained physicians and nurses.
- Department of Neonatal Pathology with Prematurity – phone : 051 34 24 08
- Management of premature infants and full-term newborns whose clinical condition requires intensive or semi-intensive care and treatment.
- Department disposes of incubators, monitoring systems, respirators, a mobile X- ray device and an ultrasound device.
- Patients are managed by two physicians e.g. paediatricians, subspecialists in neonatology and the team of trained nurses.
- Department of Haematology and Oncology – phone: 051 34 24 13
- Admission and diagnostics of patients suffering from hematologic, oncologic and immunologic diseases aged 0 – 18 years.
- Application of cytotherapy in accordance with the relevant protocols.
- Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Dairy Kitchen – phone: 051 34 24 22
- Admission, diagnostics and treatment of patients aged 0-18 years with gastrointestinal conditions and dietary deficiencies.
- Within the Department, there is an Endoscopy Unit (gastroscopy and rectoscopy).
- Preparation and distribution of dairy meals for hospitalized newborns and infants.
- Department of Neurology – phone: 051 34 24 18
- Admission, diagnostics and treatment of patients aged 0-18 years with symptoms of neurological conditions and with neurological risks along with application of diagnostics (EEG, ultrasound imaging of the head and neuropsychological assessment).
- Department of Pulmonology and Allergology – phone: 051 34 24 29
- Admission, diagnostics and treatment of patients aged 0-18 years with pulmonary and allergic disorders.
- Department of Nephrology – phone: 051 34 24 32
- Admission, diagnostics and treatment of patients aged 0-18 years with urinary tract disorders along with application of state-of-the-art ultrasound diagnostic technology.
- Within the Department, there is an Uroflowmetry Unit (monitoring the urinary disorders).
- Department of Cardiology and Rheumatology– phone: 051 34 22 80
- Admission, non-invasive diagnostics and treatment of patients aged 0-18 years with cardiological and rheumatic disorders, with application of state-of-the-art ultrasound diagnostic technology.
- Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology – phone: 051 34 24 30
- Admission, diagnostics and treatment of patients aged 0-18 years suffering from Diabetes mellitus and other endocrine and metabolic disorders.
- At the Department, educational trainings of parents are conducted by a subspecialist and a trained nurse.
Besides hospital management and treatment of patients aged 0-18 years, subspecialty examinations, check-up examinations and diagnostic services for outpatients are performed and provided in the subspecialist departments and units at the Paediatric Clinic. .
Outpatient departments and units of the Paediatric Clinic are located on the Paprikovac hill.